Bad Habits for Winter Skin
Saturday, December 3, 2016
You reluctantly put away the floral heels, floppy hats, and flip flips. Then you rejoiced as you pulled out the sweaters, boots, and scarves. You put away the sunscreen and the bronzer, but wait! Don’t overlook soothing your skin as you swap out your warm wardrobe. Here are a few mistakes we’ve all been guilty of:
· Using really hot water. Scalding hot showers are actually hard on your hair and skin during any season, but it’s even worse during winter. Resist warming up with a boiling bath and take warm showers instead.
· Using alcohol based products. Toner, hand sanitizer, make up remover, you name it. If it has alcohol, it’s drying you out. Look for alcohol free variations to use during the winter months.
· Drinking lots of coffee. How does coffee affect your skin? Well, as much as we love warming up with a cuppa, too much can dehydrate your skin. If you have to have a toasty beverage, herbal tea or decaf coffee are better choices. The best choice, of course, is always: water.
· Blasting the heat. As with the shower, it's so tempting! But turning the heat on full blast dries the air around you, which dries out your skin and can weaken your immune system. Try putting on a sweater to stay warm and running a humidifier to add moisture to the air.
· Not applying sunscreen. Hopefully, you are wearing a moisturizer and foundation with built in SPF 30 or better, but if you aren’t, sunscreen is necessary. Even when it seems cloudy and overcast, your skin can still be damaged by the sun.
· Taking a break from beauty treatments. Whether it’s facials, massages, hair or nails – don’t stop just because it’s cold outside. It’s always easier to maintain than to start over.
At Pure Concept Salon + Spa, we are ready for winter. Schedule an appointment today so you will feel fresh and ready for the holiday happenings.
Subscribe To Our Blog
12/15/2017 - Cheers to 2018
09/25/2017 - Let me tell you about Aveda
08/23/2017 - Always a Bridesmaid, Never a B
07/23/2017 - Summer Beauty Tips to Beat the
06/05/2017 - How to Make the Most of Your J
03/27/2017 - Ready to Get Refreshed, Renewe
12/03/2016 - Bad Habits for Winter Skin
09/20/2016 - Beauty Trends to Watch for thi
08/16/2016 - Six Great Reasons to Treat You
05/18/2016 - Spring and Early Summer Nail C
03/09/2016 - Your New Spring Beauty Essenti
01/12/2016 - You’ll ‘Love’ What’s in Store
10/02/2015 - Give a “Helping Hand” This Oct
09/09/2015 - Aveda’s Limited-Edition Makeup
06/11/2015 - Summertime and the Gifting is
05/04/2015 - Don’t Miss Out on Our Latest S
04/07/2015 - Pure Concept and Cocktails for
03/06/2015 - Are You Prepared for Spring Br
02/04/2015 - You’ll Be Saying “Ahhh…” After
12/04/2014 - The Only Holiday Gift You'll N